Soccer Recruiting Combines
Why Attend the Soccer Performance & Recruiting Combine?
Every year thousands of high school and junior college soccer players all across the country with the desire and the ability to participate at the collegiate level are overlooked by college and university coaching staffs. Often athletes go unnoticed because they are members of a team which did not achieve a winning record, the athletes attend smaller, lower profile schools and/or the athletes fail to effectively market their talents to the proper audience.
Xcel Sports Training's Soccer Performance & Recruiting Combine was developed to assist athletes in overcoming these obstacles by:
- Providing athletes, parents and high school coaches with education and insight into the collegiate recruiting process
- Promoting better, more efficient on-field soccer skills and training techniques so athletes can increase productivity at their positions, improve overall athletic performance and prevent injuries.
What Makes Xcel's Soccer Performance & Recruiting Combine the Best?
The Soccer Performance & Recruiting Combine is truly a one-of-a-kind event. Xcel's Recruiting Combine offers a comprehensive program with the following critical components:
- Evaluation of participants using reliable, standardized functional performance tests and state-of-the-art testing equipment;
- Individual athletic profiles for each participant, which are made available free of charge to every college soccer coach on the Xcel Sports Training website;
- Your information will be entered into the National Recruiting Registry, which will allow you to receive the most current information regarding camps, clinics and other football opportunities;
- An educational presentation by the National Collegiate Scouting Association, the nation's leading recruiting experts, dedicated to educating athletes and their families about the college recruiting process.
Recruiting Combine SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- Athlete & Coach Registration
- Dynamic Warm-Up
- Functional Performance Testing
- Soccer-Specific Skills Testing & Evaluation
- College Recruiting Presentation
FUNCTIONAL PERFORMANCE TESTING
The Recruiting Combine incorporates a series of Functional Performance Tests designed to evaluate each athlete's speed, agility, strength and explosive power. The tests include:
- 40 Yard Dash - Electronic Time (10, 20, 40 yard splits)
- Pro Agility Shuttle - Electronic Time
- 3 Cone Shuttle - Electronic Time
- Vertical Jump
- Broad Jump
- Multi Stage Fitness Test (VO2Max)
- Physical Measurements (Height, Weight, Wing Span, Hand Span)
SOCCER-SPECIFIC SKILLS TESTING
The Recruiting Combine also includes the following Soccer-Specific Skills Tests, all of which have been developed and evaluated by collegiate and professional level soccer coaches.
- Speed Dribble
- Radar Shot (Kicking Velocity)
- Shooting-Time & Accuracy
- Cone Dribble
- Pass Accuracy
Each athlete will have a detailed personal profile that is posted on the website and available to all college coaches at no charge (Sample Profile). Profiles include the athlete's picture, academic information, coach contact information, physical test information, as well as season stats.
Stats include the following:
Season Stats: Goals, Goals/Game, Points, Points/Game, Assists, Assists/Game
Goalkeepers: Save Percentage, Goals Against/Game
Game High Stats: Goals, Points, Assists, Saves
COLLEGE RECRUITING PRESENTATION
The Soccer Performance & Recruiting Combine will incorporate an educational presentation for all participants, parents and coaches by the National Collegiate Scouting Association. The presentation will address all aspects of being a student-athlete and parent. Particular emphasis will be made on managing communication with college coaches, steps that can be taken to increase college exposure, the value of academics in the recruiting process and the importance of NCAA, NAIA and NJCAA recruiting standards.
The Soccer Performance & Recruiting Combine is an "open" event. Every athlete from 9th through 12th grade is welcome to attend. Facilities and resources are limited. The first athletes that send in the completed registration forms along with payment, or register online, will be eligible. High school and collegiate coaches are invited to attend free of charge.
Individuals = $95 per athlete